|Vol. 9, nos. 3 & 4|
On Delivery of Legal Assistance to Older Persons
TCSG Web Site Provides Wealth of Information
TCSG's web site at http://www.tcsg.org includes a wealth of information and is constantly growing. We encourage Best Practice Notes readers to visit the site and download and use the materials. The site includes the following:
- Aging News & Developments -- Listed here are new developments at TCSG and in the aging field, often with direct links to information on TCSG's site or on other sites.
- Law & Aging -- A key resource for materials on elder law issues, this part of the site currently includes past issues of Best Practice Notes and TCSG's National Survey of Legal Assistance for the Elderly.
- Tobacco & Elderly -- The nation's most comprehensive source of information on tobacco and the elderly issues, including: past issues of TCSG's Tobacco & the Elderly Notes newsletters, including pictures, charts, cartoons and tobacco ads; a Fact Sheet on Tobacco & Older Persons; copies of TCSG's posters on tobacco and older persons; a detailed Bibliography of Tobacco & the Elderly articles; the payment schedule, by state, of tobacco settlement funds; and information about TCSG's national study of smoking policies in facilities serving elders.
- Guardianship & Alternatives -- This part of our site has information on issues of guardianship and alternatives and will shortly include information on TCSG's groundbreaking work on this topic.
- Mediation & Aging -- TCSG has pioneered the use of mediation in guardianship cases; this part of our site provides information on these state-of-the-art programs and includes copies of TCSG's mediation newsletter.
- TCSG's Publications -- Included is a listing of TCSG's publications and video tapes, with price list and order form, including TCSG's highly acclaimed Guardianship & Alternatives Guide, Adult Guardianship Mediation Manual, guardianship mediation video tapes, etc.
- TCSG Staff & Board -- Included here is a listing of TCSG staff, with their substantive area specialties and links to their e-mail addresses; also included is a listing of TCSG's distinguished Board of Directors.
- Links to other Sites -- Links to other key aging sites are provided.
Back to TCSG Home
The Center for Social Gerontology, Inc.
A National Support Center in Law and Aging
2307 Shelby Avenue Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Tel: (734) 665-1126 Fax: (734) 665-2071